DAINA: Pre-announcement of new funding opportunity for Polish-Lithuanian research projects
We would like to invite all researchers to participate in DAINA – a new funding opportunity for joint Polish-Lithuanian research teams to be launched by the National Science Centre (NCN) and the Research Council of Lithuania (Lietuvos mokslo taryba, LMT). The programme aims to support research projects in all fields of science and the humanities.
Within the DAINA scheme, the NCN and LMT will fund only projects involving basic research.
Call announcement: 15th September 2017
Call deadline: 15th December 2017
Results: June 2018
Start of joint research projects: September 2018
Complete version of the call documents will be adopted by the NCN Council and made available on the website in September 2017.
- Eligible Host Institutions in Poland: academic or research organisations, research consortia, scientific networks and university organisational institutions which are not basic organisational institutions, research and development centres, Polish Academy of Sciences research centres, university research centres, scientific libraries, organisational institutions having legal personality which have been established on Polish territory;
- Eligible Implementing Institutions in Lithuania – a Lithuanian research and study institution included in the Register of Education and Research institutions;
- Grants that are considered state aid will not be offered;
- Only projects involving basic research will be funded;
- Research project duration: 24 or 36 months;
- All costs must be eligible according to the national eligibility requirements;
- The budget of the Polish part of the project must be at least 150 000 PLN;
- The budget of the Lithuanian part of the project must not exceed 80 000 EUR (in the case of a 24 month project) or 120 000 EUR (in the case of a 36 month project);
- The Polish Principal Investigator (PI) must have at least a PhD degree when submitting a proposal. The Lithuanian PI must be a scientist.
A complete proposal (consisting of the joint project description and the CVs of both PIs) should be submitted by the Polish PI via the OSF submission system which can be found at https://osf.opi.org.pl by December 15th, 2017.
In addition, the Lithuanian PI should submit all documents required by the LMT via the LMT electronic submission system by December 15th, 2017.
PROPOSAL REVIEW AND EVALUATION PROCEDURE:
Proposals will be subject to an eligibility check and peer review. The eligibility check of proposals will be carried out by the NCN and LMT Coordinators. The peer review will be performed by Expert Teams (recommended by both NCN and LMT) and by External Reviewers.
Only proposals which will have been declared eligible by the NCN and LMT Coordinators will be peer reviewed.
The peer review will be carried out in two stages:
- Stage I – a preliminary evaluation will take place on the basis of data provided in the proposal by the External Reviewers (recommended by both the NCN and LMT) other than the members of the Expert Team;
- Stage II – a final evaluation will be carried out on the basis of data provided in the proposal and the external reviews by the Expert Team.
The proposal evaluation will take into account in particular:
- the research achievements of the Polish and Lithuanian PI, including their research portfolio;
- the quality of the research or tasks to be performed;
- the innovative nature of the project;
- the impact of the research carried out on the development of the discipline;
- the added value of bilateral cooperation;
- justification of the costs requested;
- the feasibility of the project.
ALLOCATION OF FUNDS:
Funds for Polish research teams will be allocated on the basis of the decisions issued by the Director of the NCN. Funds for Lithuanian research teams will be allocated on the basis of decisions issued by the Chairman of the LMT.
Dr Magdalena Łopuszańska-Rusek; e-mail: Magdalena.Lopuszanska-Rusek@ncn.gov.pl, tel. +48 12 341 91 64
Dr hab. Wojciech Sowa, e-mail: Wojciech.Sowa@ncn.gov.pl, tel. +48 12 341 91 71
Dr Magdalena Godowska, e-mail: Magdalena.Godowska@ncn.gov.pl, tel. +48 12 341 9016
Darius Grigaliūnas, e-mail: email@example.com, tel. +370 5 236 0507