New CHIST-ERA funding opportunity
CHIST-ERA Network is pleased to announce a new call in the field of Information and Communication Sciences & Technologies targeting the following topics:
- Object recognition and manipulation by robots: Data sharing and experiment reproducibility (ORMR)
- Big data and process modelling for smart industry (BDSI)
A two-stage application procedure (pre-proposals and full proposals) will be open for consortia composed of researchers from at least three countries participating in CHIST-ERA Call 2017: Austria*, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada (Québec), Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece**, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey and United Kingdom*.
*only within the first topic of this call (ORMR)
**only within the second topic of this call (BDSI)
Draft timetable for applications:
- Deadline for pre-proposal submission: 11th January 2018, 17:00 CET
- Notification of accepted pre-proposals: March 2018
- Deadline for full proposal submission: May 2018
- Notification of accepted proposals: October 2018
CHIST-ERA projects have a duration of either 24 or 36 months.
All applicants are advised to check the relevant national eligibility criteria and requirements, as those provide important information, for instance on how to fill out the budget tables.
Applicants are invited to use the Partner Search Tool (available at http://www.chistera.eu/call-2017-eoi) which facilitates matches between potential partners with similar ideas. It provides the opportunity to express interest either in joining a research proposal or to search for partner(s) for an existing proposal.
Information for Polish applicants:
- On the full proposal stage Polish applicants must register their applications in the OSF submission system (UNISONO application). The application includes the following budget table: http://ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/pliki/UNISONO_budget_table.xlsx.
- We strongly encourage all applicants to read information on eligible costs included in the Annex to NCN Council’s Resolution on funding granted within calls for proposals for international research projects (UNISONO, s. 5-12).
- Projects including Polish teams may last 24 or 36 months.
- If one international project includes partners from two different Polish Host Institutions, these institutions must apply as a consortium. Each Host Institution comprising the consortium has a separate budget, but the limit on the remuneration, referred to in paragraph 2.1.2 of the above mentioned document, applies to the consortium as a whole (please see UNISONO, p. 8-9). Please note that Polish consortia have higher limits on the remuneration.
- Budget of the Polish part of the research project in the OSF system should be given in PLN: 1 EUR= 4,2071 PLN.
dr Jakub Gadek, email@example.com, +48 12 341 9152
Marlena Wosiak, firstname.lastname@example.org, + 48 12 341 9093