- Strona główna
- O Narodowym Centrum Nauki
- Finansowanie nauki
- Współpraca zagraniczna
- Centrum prasowe
Narodowe Centrum Nauki prezentuje bazę ogłoszeń o wolnych stanowiskach pracy przy projektach finansowanych przez Centrum. Narodowe Centrum Nauki nie ponosi odpowiedzialności za treść i wiarygodność przesyłanych ofert pracy.
Uprzejmie informujemy o nowych warunkach zatrudniania osób na stanowiska typu post-doc: limit czasu upływającego od uzyskania stopnia doktora dla aplikujących na te stanowiska kobiet może być przedłużony o 1,5 roku za każde urodzone bądź przysposobione dziecko.
▪ MSc diploma in chemistry, or similar
▪ Background in organic chemistry, preferably in supramolecular chemistry; publication record and experience in the synthesis of nanoparticles are welcome; good command of English is required.
Complete application should include the following items:
• scientific curriculum vitae, including a list of scientific achievements (scholarships, publications, patents, conference presentations, etc.).
• motivation letter
• at least one recommendation letter
• a transcript of the grades/credits received during the last stage of studies and grade point average
Enzymatic catalysis has always been the Holy Grail for chemists. Although thousands or even millions of synthetic catalysts have been developed so far, they are still inferior to the natural counterparts. This is primarily due to the primitive structure that impedes a substrate undergoing chemical transformation to fit the active site of a catalyst. Another issue that is often troublesome is the selective supply of substrates and the removal of products from areas where a chemical reaction occurs. In our project, we want to improve the processes described above based on the mechanisms available in nature. Using simple organic molecules and inorganic particles, we look forward to creating dynamic catalytic systems that are comparable in size and activity to enzymes. We foresee that such catalysts, due to the dynamic nature, will not only be able to rival but also surpass enzymes, demonstrating differentiated selectivity for substrates or products depending on their structure and local chemical environment.
The PhD student will have the opportunity for a six-month internship at the University of Basel (Switzerland).
• Research Profile: First Stage Researcher (R1)
• Main Research Field: chemistry,
• Designing, planning and carrying out experimental work independently and under the supervision, maintaining regular research notes. The successful candidate's task will be to investigate the catalytic activity of macrocyclic compounds confined on the surface of inorganic nanoparticles. He/she will perform the synthesis, characterization, binding studies, and catalytic experiments.
• Scientific initiative and contribution through regular reporting and publishing, as well as presenting at group meetings, national and international conferences.
• Cooperation with researchers, including communication with English-speaking colleagues
• Providing help and supervision to junior members of the group.
• Contribution to the efficient functioning of the lab including necessary administrative and organizational tasks
Career perspectives: The successful candidate will be part of a highly experienced, multidisciplinary team. He/She will have the possibility to broaden his/her knowledge and gain hands-on experience at the border of different research disciplines. Funds are allocated to cover participation in international conferences and for short visits in collaborating laboratories. Institute provides opportunity to participate in ERASMUS + programme.
PhD position available in the Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS within National Science Center (NSC) OPUS 18 Project No. UMO-2019/35/B/ST4/01758 entitled “Suprazymes: nanoparticle supported supramolecular catalysts” (leader dr hab. Volodymyr Sashuk)
Scholarship amount is up to 5 000 PLN* (in case of students of Warsaw PhD School in Natural and BioMedical Sciences and affiliated with the Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS the scholarship will be paid in form of a PhD school scholarship and NCN supplementary NCN scholarship. In case of students being part of another PhD programme scholarship will be paid in full as NCN scholarship).
The position within the grant is for a period of 48 months.
*under the condition that according to NCN regulations regarding OPUS 18 call a total amount of remuneration and scholarships received from the NCN funded source does not exceed 5 000 PLN per month. Scholarships funded within ETIUDA call as well remuneration of PI within PRELUDIUM call are excluded from the above limit.
How to Apply: Send application directly to email@example.com; IMPORTANT: email title “Rekrutacja nr 40/2020”
For additional job details: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• Additionally, if the applicant does not have a status of PhD student in Poland according to NCN regulation “Regulations for awarding NCN scholarships for NCN-funded research projects" (Annex to Resolution No 25/2019 of the NCN Council, 14.03.2019), to be eligible, the applicant is required to submit simultaneously their application to the online recruitment system of Warszawska Szkoła Doktorska Nauk Ścisłych i BioMedycznych” [Warsaw Doctoral School “Warsaw-4-PhD” http://warsaw4phd.pl ] between 5th May and 18th of August 2020 (follow updates within the Candidates → Admission section).
• Linked topic of the thesis: Supramolecular Catalysis on the Surface of Colloidal Particles.
The best applicants will be invited for an interview (on-site or online) between 24.08 – 04.09 2020. The interview for „Warszawska Szkoła Doktorska Nauk Ścisłych i BioMedycznych” (Warsaw Doctoral School “Warsaw-4-PhD”) will be carried out between 07.09 – 17.09 2020 at the IPC-PAS.
The scholarship will be awarded in accordance with the NCN regulations: “Regulations for awarding NCN scholarships for NCN-funded research projects" (Annex to Resolution No 25/2019 of the NCN Council, 14.03.2019) (https://www.ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/pliki/uchwaly-rady/2019/uchwala25_2019-zal1.pdf) and in accordance with the Employment policy of the Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS ( http://ichf.edu.pl/employment_policy.pdf)
A scholarship agreement will be signed with successful applicants on condition that the Institute of Physical Chemistry signs the grant agreement with NSC."
• The Commission will take into account the following criteria:
a) the candidate’s competence to carry out specific tasks in the research project ,
b) the candidate’s research achievements, including publications in prestigious academic press /journals,
c) research-related achievements, scholarships, awards and research experience gained in Poland or abroad, research workshops and training courses, participation in research projects.
• The commission evaluates applications on a point scale. The scholarship will be awarded to the person who obtains the highest number of points.
• At the starting date of the work within the project, applicant should be enrolled to a doctoral school (within the meaning of the Act on Higher Education and Science of 20 July 20 ) or doctoral programme (within the meaning of the Act on Higher Education of 27 July 2)
• If the top candidate does not sign the contract, due to the resignation, we reserve the right to choose the next candidate from the ranking list.
• The results of the competition are made public.
• The competition will be settled after the Doctoral School recruitment results are published.
• Scheduled date of starting work within the Project: October 1st, 2020
Additional job details:
By submitting the application you consent to the processing of your personal data in the recruitment process.
The controller of your personal data is the Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences with its registered office in Warsaw, NIP: 5250008755 (the "Institute"). The Institute will process your data for the purpose of carrying out scientific and research activities, providing services and contact with the Institute, on the basis of a contract (in connection with the performance of the contract or in order to take action on your request before the contract is concluded – Article 6, paragraph 1, letter b) of GDPR), the legitimate interest of the Institute (Article 6, paragraph 1, letter f) of the GDPR) and legal provisions (Article 6, paragraph 1, letter c) of the GDPR) - depending on the circumstances.
You have the right to: request access to your data, receive a copy of it; rectify (correct) it; delete it; limit its processing; transfer it; lodge a complaint to the supervisory body; withdraw your consent for processing at any time (withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out prior to its withdrawal) or to lodge an objection to data processing. More information is available on the Institute's website.