QuantERA call 2019
QuantERA Network is pleased to announce its 2nd call for proposals in the field of quantum technologies. Submitted proposals should explore collaborative advanced multidisciplinary science and/or cutting-edge engineering with the potential to initiate or foster new lines of quantum technologies and help Europe grasp leadership early on in promising future technology areas.
Thematic scope of proposals should include one or more of the following areas:
- Quantum communication
- Quantum simulation
- Quantum computation
- Quantum information sciences
- Quantum metrology sensing and imaging
Funding: ca. EUR 20 M
Application and evaluation procedure: A one stage application procedure (joint submission of short and full proposals) will be open for consortia composed of researchers from at least three countries participating in the QuantERA Call 2019.
The coordinator compiles a short and a full proposal using the templates available below and submits them via the Electronic Submission System (ESS): she or he uploads the project description in the ESS and enters the administrative and financial project data in the ESS. The ESS is available here: https://aap.agencerecherche.fr/_layouts/15/SIM/Pages/SIMNouveauProjet.aspx?idAAP=1353.
Proposals will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Quality and efficiency of the implementation.
The deadline for submitting short and full proposals is February 18th, 2019, 17.00 Central European Time.
Participating countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom.
QuantERA aims at spreading research excellence throughout the whole European Research Area. Therefore, proposal consortia are encouraged to include partners from the widening countries participating in the call: Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia and Turkey.
Partner Search Tool: QuantERA has secured a dedicated networking space. To share your project idea please register at https://ncn.gov.pl/partners/quantera2/.
For details please refer to the QuantERA Call 2017 Announcement. All relevant documents are provided below:
- QuantERA Call 2019 Announcement
- QuantERA Call 2019 short proposal form – deadline February 18th, 2019 - 17:00 CET
- QuantERA Call 2019 full proposal form – deadline February 18th, 2019 - 17:00 CET
- QuantERA Electronic Submission System Guidelines
- QuantERA Call 2019 Financial Form
- QuantERA Call 2019 Leaflet
All applicants are advised to check the relevant national eligibility criteria and requirements, as those provide important information, for instance on how to fill out the budget tables.
If you have any question regarding the national eligibility rules, please contact a respective National/ Regional Funding Organisation. For national contacts in the QuantERA countries, please see the QuantERA Call 2019 Announcement.
For further information, please contact:
Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR)
- Mr. Jérôme Lasne, e-mail: email@example.com, tel. +33 (0)1 73 54 83 38
Information for Polish applicants:
- Submission deadline: February 18th, 2019 at 17:00 CET.
- Polish applicants within the QuantERA Call 2019 are also required to submit a national application (UNISONO) through the ZSUN/OSF system within the same deadline (i. e. until 18th February 2019 r. at latest). This application includes the following budget table: http://ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/pliki/UNISONO_budget_table.xlsx.
- Budget of the Polish part of the research project in the OSF system should be given in PLN (1 EUR= 4,3218 PLN).
- We strongly encourage all applicants to read information on eligible costs included in the Annex to NCN Council’s Resolution on funding granted within calls for proposals for international research projects (UNISONO).
- If one international project includes partners from two or more different Polish Host Institutions, these institutions apply as a group of projects. Each entity within the group has a separate budget, but the limit on the remuneration applies to the group as a whole (please see UNISONO). Please note that groups of projects have higher limits on the remuneration.
- We invite all researchers who plan to apply within the QuantERA call to contact the NCN.
National Science Centre (NCN), Poland
- Prof. Konrad Banaszek (Scientific Coordinator), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Sylwia Kostka (Programme Coordinator), e-mail: email@example.com, tel: +48 12 341 9018
- Mrs. Ewelina Szymańska-Skolimowska, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +48 12 341 9155
- Ms. Marlena Wosiak, e-mail: email@example.com, tel: +48 12 341 9018