The National Science Centre together with the Infect-ERA network is pleased to announce a new funding opportunity in the field of Infectious Diseases.
The call covers research addressing the following two topics:
- The microbes’ environment and infection including metabolism of microbes, molecular mechanisms and strategies of their pathogenicity;
- The host-microbe interaction, co-infection, microorganisms transmissibility and host susceptibility factors.
Proposals on the topics of HIV/AIDS, Malaria and Tuberculosis are not within the scope of this call.
We invite proposals for innovative research that involve a minimum of 3 groups of researchers from countries participating in this call, i.e.
The research consortium may include a maximum of 6 research teams.
- Within this call the NCN Council has allocated 500 000 EUR for Polish research projects.
- The budget of an individual Polish subproject may not exceed 250 000 EUR.
- The cost of an individual item of equipment may not exceed PLN 500.000.
- Overhead costs may not exceed a maximum of 30% of eligible costs (excluding equipment).
How to submit a proposal
Applications must be submitted online via the website: http://www.infect-era.eu/ with a deadline of:
- 19th April, 17.00 (CET) – pre-proposal;
- 2nd August, 17.00 (CET) – full proposal (applies only to research consortia that have qualified for step 2).
Polish researchers, whose projects have qualified for funding within Infect-ERA, will be asked to submit additional documents in accordance with NCN procedures.
Researchers may also subscribe to a special database, developed by Infect-ERA, in order to find potential partners with whom to collaborate: http://www.infect-era.eu/collaborations.
Applicants are advised to read all documents related to the call for proposals available at: http://www.infect-era.eu/.
For more information, please click here: www.infect-era.eu.
dr Marcin Liana, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 12 341 9161
Anna Plater-Zyberk, email@example.com, tel. 12 341 9016