The National Science Centre together with EU Joint Programme – Neurodegenerative Disease Research is pleased to announce a new call for proposals Cross-Disease Analysis of Pathways related to Neurodegenerative Diseases.
There is clinical, genetic and biochemical evidence that similar molecular pathways are relevant in different neurodegenerative and other chronic diseases. Therefore, clinical phenotypes alone seem insufficient to provide an understanding of the underlying mechanisms involved, and to be the sole basis for prognosis and diagnosis of neurodegenerative diseases.
The aim of the call is to establish a limited number of ambitious, innovative, multi-national and multi-disciplinary collaborative research projects that:
- combine experimental approaches from fundamental, pre-clinical and/or clinical with computational approaches
- perform network analyses in different neurodegenerative and other chronic diseases to elucidate the underlying mechanisms common and differing in the investigated diseases
- will add value to existing research by analysing diseases across traditional clinical boundaries, thereby gaining deeper understanding of the patho-physiological mechanisms of the diseases.
The following neurodegenerative diseases are included in the call:
- Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
- Parkinson’s disease and PD-related disorders
- Prion disease
- Motor neuron diseases
- Huntington’s disease
- Spinocerebellar ataxia (SCA)
- Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA).
We invite proposals for innovative research that involve a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 groups of researchers from countries participating in this call. Projects can be funded for a period of up to three years.
Countries participating in the call:
Within this call the NCN Council has allocated 300 000 EUR for Polish research projects .
Applications must be submitted online via the website (https://www.pt-it.de/ptoutline/application/JPND_CD) with a deadline of 18th February 2014.
Researchers applying for grants from the NCN are obliged to fill in the NCN budget table, which can be downloaded here (link). Please send the completed table by email to Dr Marcin Liana (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We invite all those who would like to take part in JPND call for proposals to use the Partnering Tool (http://www.neurodegenerationresearch.eu/initiatives/annual-calls-for-proposals/partnering-tool/) in order to find partners in other countries and prepare joint research projects.
For more information please click here: (http://www.neurodegenerationresearch.eu/initiatives/annual-calls-for-proposals/open-calls/cross-disease-analysis-2013/)