Wed, 06/26/2019 - 11:41

We have the pleasure of inviting you to an information meeting devoted to the GRIEG and IdeaLab calls announced by the National Science Centre on 17 June 2019. The meeting will be held at 11am on Monday, 8 July, at the Polish Academy of Arts and Sciences at ul. Sławkowska 17 in Kraków. It will take around 4 hours, including two 1.5h sessions devoted to both calls, a coffee break in-between and a lunch at the end of the meeting.

Moderated by the staff of the EEA and Norway Grants Team, the meeting will impart general information on the premises and objectives of the Research Programme, as well as more detailed guidelines for potential applicants and partners in the Polish-Norwegian GRIEG call. A part devoted to the IdeaLab call will present an innovative formula for the workshop, designed to help drawing up joint research projects that address the topic of “Managing Threats”, and to provide information on the stages of the call procedure (selection of workshop participants, 5-day workshop and submission of the full proposal via OSF).

Due to organisational reasons, the number of places is limited. We reserve the right to select participants in a way that ensures the representation of institutions from various academic centres. Participation in the information meeting is free of charge. The National Science Centre shall not reimburse the costs of accommodation and travel to and from the meeting.

The deadline for application is 3 July 2019. To sign up, please fill in the application form. Please keep in mind that submitting an application does not mean that your participation is confirmed. Selected applicants will be notified of their acceptance and receive all practical information by e-mail. Should you have any queries, please contact us at

The NCN is the operator of the Basic Research Programme for which 40% of the funds is allocated out of more than EUR 129 million slated for the support of Polish science. The Research Programme’s budget is funded in 85% from donors (EUR 100 million from the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 and EUR 10 million from the EEA Financial Mechanism 2014-2021), while the remaining 15% is funded from the Polish state budget. The GRIEG and IdeaLab calls have a total budget of EUR 41,774,118.