You are welcome to submit proposals under a new call launched by the ForestValue network for international research projects in the following areas: 1. Sustainable and multifunctional use and management of forests, to maximize their contribution to all United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, 2. Building with wood from various perspectives, and 3. Analysis of benefits, synergies and trade-offs in the use of forest biomass.
Funding can be applied for by international consortia consisting of at least three research teams from at least three countries participating in the call. The principal investigator of the Polish research ream must be at least a PhD holder and countries participating in the call include Finland, France, Ireland, Latvia, Germany, Norway, Poland, Slovenia, Sweden, Turkey and Estonia.
Under the ForestValue call, funds can be applied for to cover salaries for members of the research team, salaries and scholarships for students and PhD students, purchase or manufacturing of research equipment and other costs crucial to the research project.
The total funding allocated by the NCN for research tasks to be performed by the Polish research teams under the call is 500 000 EUR.
The application procedure consists of two stages:
- international stage: a joint proposal drafted by the Polish research teams in cooperation with the foreign partners (in English) and submitted to the electronic submission system of the ForestValue network (ESS),
- national stage: an NCN proposal concerning the Polish part of the project drafted by the Polish research team and submitted to the NCN electronically via the ZSUN/OSF electronic submission system within 7 days of the joint full proposal submission date (international stage).
PLEASE NOTE: This is a single-stage call which means that only full proposals are submitted at the international stage. More on the application procedure at the international stage can be found in the Call Announcement available on the webpage of the ForestValue network.
- Submission deadline for international joint proposals in the ESS submission system: 13 April 2021, 3 p.m. CET
- Submission deadline for NCN proposals in the ZSUN/OSF submission system: 20 April 2021
- Call results: September 2021
- Project start date: end of 2021 and beginning of 2022