The Trans-Atlantic Platform (T-AP) for Social Sciences and Humanities, an unprecedented collaboration between humanities and social science research funders from South America, North America and Europe, is pleased to announce its third joint research call on Recovery, Renewal and Resilience in a Post-Pandemic World. The National Science Centre (hereinafter: “NCN”) will join the new T-AP Call as a Partner agency, funding successful Polish research teams with the amount of EUR 600k.
Aim and scope of the call
The COVID-19 pandemic is a major crisis that touches on all aspects of health, social, economic, political, and cultural life. The T-AP research call on Recovery, Renewal and Resilience in a Post-Pandemic World (RRR) aims to address key gaps in our understanding of the dynamic and complex interaction of medium and long-term societal effects of COVID-19 pandemic. This understanding, in turn, should advance knowledge of how to mitigate the negative societal effects of COVID-19 pandemic and support recovery and renewal in a post-pandemic world. Applicants are required to submit novel interdisciplinary and significant SSH research proposals that address one or more of the following five challenges:
- reducing inequalities and vulnerabilities;
- building a more resilient, inclusive and sustainable society;
- fostering democratic governance and political participation;
- advancing responsible and inclusive digital innovation; and
ensuring effective and accurate communication and media.
Applicants must apply as a transnational research project partnership. Each project must comprise at least three eligible Principal Investigators from at least three different T-AP participating countries from both sides of the Atlantic. Applicants are encouraged to start discussing possible projects with prospective partners.
The following funding organizations intend to support the RRR call**
- Academy of Finland (Finland)
- Croatian Science Foundation (Croatia)
- Department of Science, Technology and Innovation (Colombia)
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research/ The German Aerospace Center (Germany)
- Fonds de recherche du Québec – Société et culture (Canada)
- French National Research Agency (France)
- International Development Research Centre (Canada)***
- National Research Foundation (South Africa)
- National Science Centre (Poland)
- São Paulo Research Foundation (Brazil)
- Social Sciences & Humanities Research Council (Canada)
- Swiss National Science Foundation (Switzerland)
- The German Research Foundation (Germany)
- UK Research and Innovation – Arts and Humanities Research Council (United Kingdom)
- UK Research and Innovation – Economic and Social Research Council (United Kingdom)
** Final decision pending
*** International Development Research Centre Canada is providing funding for researchers from Belize, Bolivia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay and Peru.
12th April 2021
April and May 2021
Compulsory Intention to submit form deadline
31st May 2021
Closing date for submissions of full proposals
30th June 2021
Notice of funding decision
|Successful Projects start date||1st March 2022|
The RRR call is expected to be launched on 12th April of March 2021. Please note that this pre-announcement is for information purposes only. It does not create any obligation for the T-AP nor for any of the participating funding organizations. All information provided in this pre-announcement is subject to change. The official call announcement (Call for Proposals and additional information) will be published on the T-AP (https://transatlanticplatform.com/) and NCN (https://ncn.gov.pl/) websites.
If you have any questions, please contact:
- Call Secretariat: Tapcovid19call@esrc.ukri.org
or NCN’s Officers
- dr Michał Futyra, Scientific Coordinator for Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences (Michal.Futyra@ncn.gov.pl);
- Przemysław Puchała, International Cooperation Officer (Przemyslaw.Puchala@ncn.gov.pl).