The National Science Centre, in cooperation with the M-ERA.NET network, has launched the M-ERA.NET 3 Call 2022 for international research projects in the area of material science and material engineering within the following subjects:
- Sustainable advanced materials for energy
- Innovative surfaces, coatings and interfaces
- Functional materials
- Advanced materials and technologies for health applications
- Next generation materials for advance electronics
Funding proposals may be submitted by international consortia composed of at least 3 research teams from at least 3 countries participating in the call: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Canada, South Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Turkey.
The principal investigator of the Polish research team must hold at least a PhD degree.
Research projects may be planned in the call for a period of either 24 or 36 months. The project budget may cover funds for salaries for members of the research team, salaries and scholarships for students and PhD students, purchase or manufacturing of research equipment and other costs crucial to the research project.
The NCN has awarded 1,200,000 PLN EUR to the Polish research teams.
Researchers intending to submit their proposals should focus on the overriding objectives of the M-ERA.NET Programme, such as:
- supporting the European Green Deal by striving to develop technologies in the area of material engineering to be used for clean energy-related applications, energy generation and harvesting, energy storage, electrolysers and fuel cells.
- supporting the achievement of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDG);
- increasing the socio-ecological benefits in the context of Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI);
- supporting the innovation chain by making best use of the calls to facilitate the generation of knowledge along the innovation chain, from excellent science and research to innovative industrial applications; and
- strengthening interdisciplinarity through an integrative approach across disciplines and across application fields.
More on M-ERA.NET 3.
- International level:
First step: 16 May 2023 (12:00 noon CET): submission deadline for pre-proposals
At the pre-proposal submission stage, Polish applicants submit no documents to the NCN.
Second step: 21 November 2023 (12:00 noon CET): submission deadline for full proposals
- National level
28 November 2023 (4:00 p.m. CET): submission deadline for NCN UNISONO proposals (online) via the OSF submission system.
The M-ERA.NET 3 Call 2023 results are expected to be announced in February/March 2023:
More on the call: