14 September 2018
Pursuant to Article 25 (1) of the Act on the National Science Centre of 30 April 2010 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 947) and NCN Council Resolution No 79/2018 of 6 September 2018, the Scientific Coordinators announce the SONATA 14 call for proposals for research projects carried out by researchers who have been awarded a doctorate within 2 to 7 years before submitting the proposal
- Submission of the proposals is open by 17 December 2018.
- Proposals within the SONATA 14 call can only be submitted electronically by means of the electronic submission system ZSUN OSF (https://osf.opi.org.pl).
SONATA 14 – Call documents
- Resolution by the Council of the National Science Centre on the terms of conducting the call for proposals SONATA 14 – text
- Data required in the proposal for funding of research projects conducted by researchers who have been awarded a doctorate within 2 to 7 years before submitting the proposal– text
- Regulations on the mode of granting financial resources for the completion of tasks funded by the NCN – text
- NCN Panels – text
- The Code of the National Science Centre on Research Integrity and Applying for Research Financing – text
- Council of the National Science Centre’s Recommendations for Studies Involving Human Participation – text
- Regulations on awarding scholarships in NCN-funded research projects – text
- Rules governing application for state aid – text
SONATA 14 – vital changes to the call documentation
- It was decided not to conduct interviews at the second stage of the evaluation process.
- Abstract – abstract must be in English only.
- Short project description – short project description must be in English only.
- A person at post-doc type post must also not have been employed by the host entity pursuant to a contract of employment for two years before employment in the project.
- The full definition of a post-doc type post is set out in the Regulations on the mode of granting financial resources for the completion of tasks funded by the National Science Centre (Narodowe Centrum Nauki, NCN) as regards research projects, post-doctoral fellowships and doctoral scholarships.
Please note that the principal investigator is bound to carry out research activities at the host institution for the project for at least 50 per cent of the project’s duration. This period includes business trips necessary for the project’s completion, in particular ones connected with field studies, participation in scientific conferences or library and archive searches.
For more information, please read the call documentation.