The overall objective of the ERA-NET Cofund Action “ForestValue – Innovating the forest-based bioeconomy” is to promote increased innovation and competitiveness of the forest-based sector in Europe and support its transformation from a resource-intensive to a knowledge-intensive, productive, resource-efficient and resilient sector. The aim of ForestValue is to comprise the joint implementation of a transnational call for proposals for research, development and innovation in the forest-based sector.
The ERA-NET Cofund ForestValue has received funding from the European’s Union Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme.
Calls for proposals
The Forest Value Research Programme Innovating forest-based bioeconomy launched a new multinational call for proposals.
Please find more information at the Forest Value website.
NCN together with the ForestValue Research Programme is launching a transnational call for proposals for research, development and innovation in the forest-based sector. The co-funded joint transnational call addresses the whole forest-based value chain in two areas:
- Innovative sustainable management of multifunctional forests;
- Innovative industrial production and processing technologies, products, concepts and services.
Applicants are encouraged to make best use of interdisciplinary systems approaches, and to take a look at improving the impact and integration of social research and economics in this sector.
Polish part of the research project submitted within the call must involve basic research (TLR 1-4).
Applications may be put forward by international consortia composed of a minimum of three partners from at least 3 countries participating the call. The overall project coordinator must submit one proposal in English on behalf of all the research teams in all countries.
Countries participating in the call:
Argentina, Austria, Czech Republic, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Jordan, Latvia, Norway, Poland, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, Tunisia, Turkey, United Kingdom
Timeline of the call:
- Deadline for submitting pre-proposals: January 23rd, 2018, 13:00 CET
- Invitation to submit a full proposal: May 2018
- Deadline for submitting full proposals: August 14th, 2018, 13:00 CEST
- Call results: October 2018
- Start of funded projects: end of 2018/early 2019
Researchers interested in applying within the ForestValue Call 2017 are kindly invited to visit the program website which presents more than 70 cooperation proposals, including project presentations and a summary table with contact details and offers for cooperation.
If you have further project ideas or are looking for partners you are welcome to complete the ForestValue partnering survey. New entries will be compiled and uploaded to the website on a weekly basis.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE CALL: https://forestvalue.org/joint-calls/joint-call-2017-jc-2017/
Information for Polish applicants:
- On the pre-proposal stage Polish applicants must not send any additional documents to the NCN. On the full proposal stage they must register their applications in the OSF submission system (UNISONO application). The application includes the following budget table: http://ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/pliki/UNISONO_budget_table.xlsx.
- We strongly encourage all applicants to read information on eligible costs included in the Annex to NCN Council’s Resolution on funding granted within calls for proposals for international research projects (UNISONO, s. 5-12).
- Projects including Polish teams may last 24 or 36 months.
- If one international project includes partners from two different Polish Host Institutions, these institutions must apply as a consortium. Each Host Institution comprising the consortium has a separate budget, but the limit on the remuneration, referred to in paragraph 2.1.2 of the above mentioned document, applies to the consortium as a whole (please see UNISONO, p. 8-9). Please note that Polish consortia have higher limits on the remuneration.
- On the full proposal stage budget of the Polish part of the research project in the OSF system should be given in PLN: 1 EUR= 4,4232 PLN.