QuantERA Call 2017
QuantERA Network is pleased to announce its first call for proposals in the field of Quantum Information and Communication Sciences & Technologies (Q-ICST). Submitted proposals should explore collaborative advanced multidisciplinary science and/or cutting-edge engineering with the potential to initiate or foster new lines of quantum technologies and help Europe grasp leadership early on in promising future technology areas.
Thematic scope of proposals should include one or more of the following areas:
- Quantum communication
- Quantum simulation
- Quantum computation
- Quantum information sciences
- Quantum metrology sensing and imaging
- Novel ideas and applications in quantum science and technologies
Funding: EUR 34 M
Application and evaluation procedure: A two-stage application procedure (pre-proposals and full proposals) will be open for consortia composed of researchers from at least three countries participating in QuantERA.
The coordinator compiles a single pre-proposal using the template available below as attachment and submit it via the Electronic Submission System (ESS): she or he uploads the project description in the ESS and enters the administrative and financial project data in the ESS. The ESS will be open Mid-February.
Proposals will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Quality and efficiency of the implementation.
The deadline for submitting pre-proposals is March 15th, 2017, 17.00 Central European Time.
Participating countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom.
QuantERA aims at spreading research excellence throughout the whole European Research Area. Therefore, proposal consortia are encouraged to include partners from the widening countries participating in the call: Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Latvia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Turkey.
Partner Search Tool: QuantERA has secured a dedicated networking space within Ideal-ist Partner Search Tool. To share your project idea please register at www.ideal-ist.eu/user/register and present your project and the needed competences. To view all the submitted project ideas go to http://www.ideal-ist.eu/partner-search/pssearch?&term=8323.
QuantERA LinkedIn Group: applicants are encouraged to participate in QuantERA Group on LinkedIn to network with potential partners from various countries interested in joining a consortium.
Proposers' Day Malta: A networking event will be organized by the QuantERA consortium on February 16th, 2017 in Malta to allow researchers to exchange ideas in order to form/strengthen consortia for project proposals. Interested researchers and stakeholders can register for the event here. Participation is free of charge but registration is required.
For details please refer to the QuantERA Call 2017 Announcement. All relevant documents are provided below:
- QuantERA Call 2017 Announcement
- QuantERA Call 2017 Pre-Proposal Form – deadline March 15th, 2017 - 17:00 CET
- QuantERA Call 2017 Full-Proposal Form
- QuantERA Programme Brochure
- QuantERA Call 2017 Leaflet
All applicants are advised to check the relevant national eligibility criteria and requirements, as those provide important information, for instance on how to fill out the budget tables.
If you have any question regarding the national eligibility rules, please contact a respective National/ Regional Funding Organisation. For national contacts in the QuantERA countries, please see the QuantERA Call 2017 Announcement.
For further information please visit www.quantera.eu or contact:
Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR)
- Mr. Mathieu Girerd, e-mail: email@example.com, tel. +33 1 7354 8213
Information for Polish applicants:
- Submission deadline for pre-proposals: March 15th, 2017 at 17:00 CET. The deadline for full-proposal: June 30th, 2017.
- On the full proposal stage Polish applicants must register their applications in the OSF submission system (UNISONO application). This application includes the following budget table: http://ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/pliki/UNISONO_budget_table.xlsx.
- Budget of the Polish part of the research project in the OSF system should be given in PLN (1 EUR= 4,3334 PLN).
- We strongly encourage all applicants to read information on eligible costs included in the Annex to NCN Council’s Resolution on funding granted within calls for proposals for international research projects (UNISONO).
- If one international project includes partners from two different Polish Host Institutions, these institutions must apply as a consortium. Each Host Institution comprising the consortium has a separate budget, but the limit on the applies to the consortium as a whole.
- We invite all researchers who plan to apply within the QuantERA call to contact the NCN.
National Science Centre (NCN), Poland
- Prof. Konrad Banaszek (Scientific Coordinator), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Sylwia Kostka (Programme Coordinator), e-mail: email@example.com, tel: +48 12 341 9018
- Ms. Marlena Wosiak (QuantERA Officer), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +48 12 341 9018