BiodivERsA is a network of national research-funding organisations, created to support pan-European research in conservation and sustainable management of biodiversity. To effect its mission, the network launches funding opportunities addressed to international research teams, published as calls for proposals. So far, BiodivERsA has concluded five calls for proposals.
The National Science Centre joined the consortium in 2014, took part in the organisation of a call for proposals on biodiversity dynamics.
NCN together with BiodivERsA and Belmont Forum networks is pleased to announce a new call on biodiversity and ecosystem "Scenarios of biodiversity and ecosystem services" targeting the following topics:
- Development and application of scenarios of biodiversity and ecosystem services across spatial scales of relevance to multiple types of decisions,
- Consideration of multiple dimensions of biodiversity and ecosystem services in biodiversity scenarios.
Funding is available for international research projects that involve at least three researchers from three different eligible countries.
1 December 2017 – deadline for pre-registration
9 March 2018 – deadline for full proposals
July 2018 – call results
One joint proposal document (in English, and following the provided template) shall be prepared by the project participants of a joint transnational proposal, and must be submitted to the Call Secretariat by the coordinator.
Countries participating in the call
Argentina, Austria, Belgium (Wallonia-Brussels Federation), Brazil (State of Sao Paulo only), Bulgaria, Canada, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Ivory Coast, Lithuania, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United States of America
Applicants are invited to use the BiodivERsA Partner Search Tool, which facilitates matches between potential partners with similar ideas. It provides the opportunity to express interest either in joining a research proposal or to search for partner(s) for an existing proposal.
Information for Polish applicants
- NCN eligibility criteria
- On the full proposal stage Polish applicants must register their applications in the OSF submission system (UNISONO application). This application includes the following budget table.
- We strongly encourage all applicants to read information on eligible costs included in the Annex to NCN Council’s Resolution on funding granted within calls for proposals for international research projects (UNISONO, p. 5-12).
- If one international project includes partners from two different Polish Host Institutions, these institutions must apply as a consortium. Each Host Institution comprising the consortium has a separate budget, but the limit on the remuneration applies to the consortium as a whole (UNISONO, p. 8-9: item 2.1.2 a) and b)).
- Budget of the Polish part of the research project in the OSF system should be given in PLN (1 EUR= 4,3162 PLN).
- Projects including Polish teams may last 36 months.
Understanding and managing the biodiversity dynamics of soils and sediments to improve ecosystem functioning and delivery of ecosystem services; Understanding and managing biodiversity dynamics in land-, river- and sea-scapes (habitat connectivity, green and blue infrastructures, and naturing cities) to improve ecosystem functioning and delivery of ecosystem services (closed)
- Understanding and managing the biodiversity dynamics of soils and sediments to improve ecosystem functioning and delivery of ecosystem services.
- Understanding and managing biodiversity dynamics in land-, river- and sea-scapes (habitat connectivity, green and blue infrastructures, and naturing cities) to improve ecosystem functioning and delivery of ecosystem services.