A funding opportunity addressed to scientists holding a doctoral degree about to embark on a career in research*. The programme intends to facilitate mobility of Polish researchers between different institutions in Poland and to support the exchange of scientific ideas.
*The Principal Investigator is a person beginning a career in research with a doctoral degree obtained within the last 7 years prior to the submission of the proposal.
The applicant indicates an academic tutor within a higher education institution or research performing organization where he/she intends to conduct the internship. The location of the planned internship cannot be the same as the one where the applicant has completed or is completing studies. Neither can it be situated within the same województwo (province) in which the applicant obtained their academic degree or is employed.
Duration: at least 12 months and up to 36 months
- proposals from within NCN Panels, involving basic research,
- the scientific excellence of the planned research,
- the research portfolio of the applicant and his or her supervisor,
- the academic ranking of the host institution.
At the second stage the authors of the best applications will be invited for an interview conducted in Polish.
The successful applicant will be employed in the host institution on a fulltime basis (with a salary of ca. PLN 10 000 per month) and will also receive funds to cover the cost of research:
- PLN 24 000 in the field of arts, humanities and social sciences,
- PLN 72 000 in the field of life sciences and physical sciences and engineering.
The Host Institution will receive overheads of PLN 1 000 a month.
Application: written in Polish
Calls for proposals for post-doctoral internships are announced once a year.
Detailed information on the NCN post-doctoral internships (Polish only).