The call tackles the challenge of open research data and software from the perspective of their possible reuse. The objective is to create the conditions for research in any domain (within, at the interface or outside ICT) based on open or shared data and software.
In their projects, the applicants need to address at least one of the following outcomes:
- Create, enrich or prepare ‘reference data sets’;
- ‘Editorialization’ of data: Reduce the distance between data producer and expected or even unexpected data re-user;
- Processes and tools to describe, share, reference, and archive software source code, with the goal to enhance reproducibility of research results.
The project consortia must have at least 3 eligible and independent partners requesting funding from participating funding organisations from
at least 3 of the following countries: Belgium, Brazil, Czech Republic, France, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Poland, Slovakia, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom
- 14 December 2022, 17.00 CET: proposal submission deadline
- June 2023: Announcement of proposals recommended for funding
- September 2023: Tentative project start date
The call follows a single stage submission and evaluation procedure. Joint proposals are submitted and evaluated by an international evaluation panel. The coordinator prepares a joint proposal for the entire consortium pursuant to a template available on the CHIST-ERA website (http://www.chistera.eu). The Polish partners must submit their NCN proposals via the OSF system by 21 December 2022. For more details, please read the call text.