DAINA: funding opportunity for Polish-Lithuanian research projects
DAINA is a funding opportunity for joint Polish-Lithuanian research teams launched by the National Science Centre (NCN) and the Research Council of Lithuania (RCL). The programme aims to support research projects in all fields of science and the humanities.
Within the DAINA scheme, the NCN and RCL fund only projects involving basic research.
- Call announcement: 15th September 2017
- Call deadline: 15th December 2017
- Results: June 2018
- Start of joint research projects: September 2018
- Eligible Host Institutions in Poland: academic or research organisations, research consortia, scientific networks and university organisational institutions which are not basic organisational institutions, research and development centres, Polish Academy of Sciences research centres, university research centres, scientific libraries, organisational institutions having legal personality which have been established on Polish territory;
- Eligible Implementing Institutions in Lithuania – a Lithuanian research and study institution included in the Register of Education and Research institutions;
- Grants that are considered state aid will not be offered;
- Only projects involving basic research will be funded;
- Research project duration: 24 or 36 months;
- All costs must be eligible according to the national eligibility requirements;
- The budget of the Polish part of the project must be at least 150 000 PLN;
- The budget of the Lithuanian part of the project must not exceed 80 000 EUR (in the case of a 24 month project) or 120 000 EUR (in the case of a 36 month project);
- The Polish Principal Investigator (PI) must have at least a PhD degree when submitting a proposal. The Lithuanian PI must be a scientist.
A complete proposal (consisting of the joint project description and the CVs of both PIs) should be submitted by the Polish applicant via the OSF submission system which can be found at https://osf.opi.org.pl by December 15th, 2017.
In addition, the Lithuanian PI should submit all documents required by the RCL via the RCL electronic submission system by December 15th, 2017.
Allocation of funds:
Funds for Polish research teams are allocated on the basis of the decisions issued by the Director of the NCN. Funds for Lithuanian research teams are allocated on the basis of decisions issued by the Chairman of the RCL.
More information on the RCL website
- Dr Magdalena Łopuszańska-Rusek; e-mail: Magdalena.Lopuszanska-Rusek@ncn.gov.pl, tel. +48 12 341 91 64
- dr Ewelina Szymańska-Skolimowska, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. + 48 12 341 9155
- Dr hab. Wojciech Sowa, e-mail: Wojciech.Sowa@ncn.gov.pl, tel. +48 12 341 91 71
- Dr Magdalena Godowska, e-mail: Magdalena.Godowska@ncn.gov.pl, tel. +48 12 341 9016
- Darius Grigaliūnas, e-mail: darius.grigaliunas@RCL.lt, tel. +370 5 236 0507