SONATA BIS is a funding opportunity addressed to researchers holding a doctoral degree, wanting to establish a new research team and become independent research leaders.
SONATA BIS 11 call - announced on 15th June 2021
SONATA BIS 10 call – announced on 17thJune 2020
SONATA BIS 9 call – announced on 17th June 2019
SONATA BIS 8 call – closed on September 17th, 2018
Principal Investigator: a person with a doctoral degree obtained within 5-12 years prior to the submission of the proposal.
Team members: in addition to the Principal Investigator the team cannot consist of researchers holding a habilitation degree or the title of professor. Research positions for PhD student(s) must be provided.
Duration: 36, 48 or 60 months
- proposals from within NCN Panels, involving basic research,
- scientific excellence and the innovative nature of the research project,
- the research portfolio of the Principal Investigator,
- evaluation of the results of research projects conducted by the Principal Investigator, funded from the budget for science,
- the concept of building a research team,
- impact on the development of the research discipline,
- justification of the planned costs.
Evaluation procedure: 2-step merit-based evaluation by peer review panels and external reviewers; applicants qualified to the second stage of evaluation will invited for an interview carried out in Polish or in English
Researchers may apply for funding of costs relevant necessary and directly connected to the proposed research, including:
- Personnel (including scholarships for students and pre-doctoral researchers)
- Research equipment
- Travel and subsistence costs
- Other: publication costs, collective investigators, devices and software, etc.
- Overheads: up to 20%
There is no cap on funding for an individual project.
Application: written partly in Polish and partly in English
Tel: 0048 12 341 9000